Are you a mid-market eCommerce business looking to scale up to enterprise in 2023?
If so, you're not alone. Many businesses today face the challenge of growing their customer base, increasing their revenue, and expanding their reach all while keeping costs down. To reach the next level, eCommerce businesses need to focus on user experience (UX).
To tackle this topic well and give you tangible solutions, we’re excited to introduce one of our newest partners: Arctic Leaf!
Arctic Leaf specializes in helping mid-market eCommerce businesses grow into enterprise-level players.
Here’s our better together story:
- UX Design for eCommerce
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Arctic Leaf: CRO, UX/UI Design + Implementation
- Digioh + Arctic Leaf
- Reach the Enterprise Level in 2023
UX Design for eCommerce
UX design plays a pivotal role in the customer's experience on your eCommerce website. 88% of online shoppers said they were less likely to return to a brand after a bad online shopping experience. Experience is everything!
Imagine a customer searches for a new pair of running shoes on an eCommerce site. She lands on a homepage that is:
- Cluttered: too many pictures without organization
- Confusing navigation: it’s hard to find what she’s looking for
- Slow to load: when she does try to browse, slow loading times make the experience aggravating (1 in 2 shoppers will abandon a site if it takes ~6 seconds to load)
Frustrated, she backs out to search for another website to buy her running shoes. The second site she visits, a competitor of the first site, earns her sale with their website experience:
- The design is smooth, clean, and easy to understand
- Navigation is intuitive, making her browsing effortless
- The pages load quickly
The result? On the second site, she easily finds the running shoes she wants, enjoys a seamless checkout process, and is delighted by personalized product recommendations. In this case, she becomes a loyal customer who eagerly shares her positive experience with friends and family.
Unfortunately, the former situation happens all too often to eCommerce companies with amazing products but sub-par UX/UI. If you don’t prioritize positive user experiences, visitors will find a competitor who does.
Here are 7 quick ways to optimize UX design in your eCommerce business:
- Simplify Your Navigation: Ensure your website's navigation is clear, intuitive, and easy to use. Use descriptive labels and logical categories to guide users seamlessly through your site.
- Improve Your Site Speed: Speed is one of the most important aspects of a user’s experience. Optimize your website's performance by compressing images, minimizing code, and caching.
- Enhance Mobile Responsiveness: With users increasingly shopping on mobile devices, a seamless mobile experience is crucial. Make sure your website is fully responsive and adapts flawlessly to different screen sizes.
- Streamline the Checkout Process: Minimize friction and eliminate unnecessary hurdles to complete a purchase.
- Make Searching Intuitive: Implement a robust search feature that understands user intent, offers predictive suggestions, and delivers accurate results.
- Provide Clear Product Information: Help users make informed decisions with comprehensive and accurate product descriptions, high-quality images, and customer reviews.
- Personalize Your Recommendations: Enhance shopper experiences and increase conversions using data and AI-powered algorithms to offer personalized product recommendations.
This brings us to our partner spotlight: Arctic Leaf! With their help, your mid-market eCommerce business can create a remarkable customer journey, increase user engagement, and drive significant growth in 2023 and beyond.
Conversion Rate Optimization
Going hand-in-hand with user experience is Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO). What actions do you want your visitors to take: sign up for a newsletter, make a purchase, or join a rewards program? How can you optimize your conversion rate for each customer action?
To stay ahead of the competition and boost your CRO, consider these tactics:
- Personalization: Collect data (e.g. through Digioh forms, quizzes, or preference centers) to personalize user experiences and increase engagement
- Social Proof: Such as customer reviews, influencer recommendations, case studies – any way to show someone who’s completed the action you’re asking them to take
- Sneak Peek: Show the customer what they’re signing up for – what value do you bring to those who sign up for your emails? Why is your rewards program exciting, how can they earn and redeem?
- A/B Test: Not sure which design will convert better? Test it out! Create variations of the same offer and keep the one that performs the best.
These are just a few big-picture changes you can start today. But what if you don’t know where to begin your UX and CRO journey?
That’s where the expertise from Arctic Leaf comes in! Here’s what they had to share with us about how their services can help our customers.
Arctic Leaf: CRO, UX/UI Design + Implementation
Arctic Leaf is a team of creative and technical professionals who specialize in helping mid-market eCommerce businesses grow into enterprise-level players. We're proud to be Baymard-certified for our top-notch UX/UI design and implementation services.
But what really sets us apart is our commitment to understanding each client's unique brand voice and delivering effective eCommerce solutions tailored to their needs.
Our team is made up of experts in UX/UI design, conversion rate optimization (CRO), software development, and content marketing. With this robust set of skills, we can offer comprehensive services that help our clients stand out in the competitive world of eCommerce and mobile development. We believe every client deserves a solution that is thoughtfully created and designed with their specific needs in mind.
We pride ourselves on our ability to stay at the forefront of the industry, and we're constantly innovating to bring our clients the latest and greatest in eCommerce solutions.
Digioh + Arctic Leaf
Digioh’s marketing platform is built to collect consumer-consented data and create personalized journeys for every site visit. Our tools include multi-step forms, product recommendation quizzes, custom lightboxes, and more. Every widget is capable of custom conditions. You can tell a widget where and when to show up according to whether a visitor is on your site for the first time, third time, or is a returning customer.
But just as important as having the right tool is having the right strategy. By partnering with the specialists at Arctic Leaf, you get an expert UX/UI and CRO team to help you make the right decisions faster and see more immediate results.
Reach the Enterprise Level in 2023
In a competitive eCommerce landscape, scaling to the enterprise level may seem like a distant goal, but you can take bold steps towards becoming the leader in your industry with a few key site changes.
Collect consumer-consented data and implement custom journeys with Digioh, then lean on Arctic Leaf to fine-tune your UX and conversion rate optimization strategies. With a fully-optimized site experience, you can provide customers with a seamless and personalized shopping experience. These positive shopping experiences increase engagement, loyalty, and revenue in the long run.
Combining Digioh’s tools with Arctic Leaf’s strategies can help you do more with less and achieve enterprise-level results in 2023 and beyond.